Passion.


One morning, while I'm on the way to duty, I sent a group text message to my friends. I was a bit shocked when someone replied and says 'Kamusta training mo? Pano ka nakakatagal?'. I stop for a moment and think of what and how can I answer that question? I ask myself. Made a little reflection.

As you guys know well, (mentioned it on my previous posts) I just graduated last April and passed the board exam for Nurses last July. I am currently a PGNT in Unihealth Tagaytay. And I paid for that training. Well, everyone knew that it is the case here in the Philippines. For Newly Graduate Nurses like me, we have to go through number of trainings before getting a staff nurse position on a hospital. So I can say that, I am working on a hospital now but I am not getting paid for that. My point is, where do I get the drive to go through 12hrs shift for 3days without pay? I am not obliged to do this for grade or for payment. But I still do it. In fact I can just call it off and stop if Im tired. But hell no, I still have the enthusiasm to work. 

Why nursing? I still don't have a clear answer on that question. I'd be very honest, I took up Nursing because I want to help my family. You know. Financial. But later on, Nursing becomes close to my heart. I must say that after passing and getting the license, the whole social and financial reasons fades away. Today, I can say that I took up Nursing because it’s the course that goes well with my personality. I care a lot. To my family my friends even to other people. It breaks my heart to see an old lady/man walking alone in the streets, a child who has to work at an early age for food and a newborn who just took his first and last breath. Its no longer because of money I can get if I go abroad. Partly it matters but I can't do anything about it. If i just want financial assistance, I can go get the call center job offered to me last week. But i declined it, because it’s not my line. Nursing is my choice. And once I choose something, i stood up for it. I fight for it. I love it. 

So where do I get the drive to still attend duty in spite of not being paid or graded?

The only answer I have in mind is the PASSION. It's my passion to my profession that gives me the drive to do this. It's the feeling you get at the end of your shift and realizing you have helped relieve pain and gave comfort to someone. It's the fulfilment when your patient says Thank You. It's priceless. 


Comments

  1. I salute you for being so passionate dys :) good luck on your nursing career and thanks a lot for all the support you've been giving me. I feel like i have a blog friend :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks a lot dear for dropping by my blog. :) I really do appreciate it. :) Ano ka ba! You know that you're one of my inspiration in blogging. Kaya naman todo support ako sayo girl. :) I can't thank you enough for being such a sweetie and approachable blogger. Minsan feeling close na ako sayo. Sorry :p Kasi nakikita ko sarili ko sayo. Sayo ko natutunan na hindi ko kailangan gumastos ng marami just to make an outfit stand out. Hindi din kasi ko pinanganak with golden spoon kaya ang hilig ko sa Ukay or Bazaar Sale. Sana minsan magblog ka din about Ukay Tips. Super thank you talaga kasi kumpara sa mga ibang blogger, sobrang liit ko pa lang, pero napapansin mo na ko. :)I'm proud to say that I'm a fan of the bargain doll. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts